This online map shows and allows users to explore the geographic distribution of CMECS projects, which have been organized into the categories below:
- Mapping Projects – Projects where source data were analyzed or interpreted directly to produce CMECS data from the outset.
- Data Integration Projects – Projects where several existing data were integrated to produce a seamless map or establish historical trends.
- Crosswalks – Projects where existing or new data classified under another system were translated to CMECS.
- Programmatic Implementation – Projects where CMECS is the organizing framework for multiple smaller-scale efforts and data sets.
Users are encouraged to contact these groups to learn how CMECS contributed to their goals and the specific approaches they took.
- Allee, R., J. Kurtz, R. Gould, D. Ko, M. Finkbeiner, and K. Goodin. 2014. “Application of the Coastal and Marine Ecological Classification Standard Using Satellite-Derived and Modeled Data Products for Pelagic Habitats in the Northern Gulf of Mexico.” Ocean and Coastal Management. Volume 88. Pages 13 to 20.
- Cochrane, G.R., M.E. Dethier, T.O. Hodson, K.K. Kull, N.E. Golden, A.C. Ritchie, C. Moegling, and R.E. Pacunski. 2015. “Salish Map Series—Admiralty Inlet, Washington.” U.S. Geological Survey. Open-File Report 2015-1073. Page 34.